Pages

Tuesday 25 December 2018

Summer learning journey week 2 day 3 activity 1.

DAY 3: First You ‘Sea’ Me, Now You Don’t…


Activity 1: Night Owls [4 points]
Here in New Zealand we have many amazing and unique sea creatures, including penguins. The blue penguin, or kororā, is particularly special because it is the smallest penguin in the entire world! Blue penguins are typically found on the east coast of the South Island in places like Oamaru but they can be hard to spot as they rarely leave the water. If they do come onto land it is usually at night, when most of us are sound asleep! That’s because they are nocturnal. Not all of us, however, sleep all night. In fact, some people love to stay awake late into the evening. People who like to stay up late are called ‘night owls.’ Are you a night owl or are you an early riser, like me? I typically wake up every day around 6:00 a.m. and jump out of bed, ready to start the day!
On your blog, tell us whether you are a night owl or an early riser. Then, tell us about the rest of your family. Are they the same as you?.
I am a night owl and the rest of my family but younger brother Christopher wakes up early.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael!

    Thank you for sharing about the night owls and early risers in your family. :)
    I see you are a night owl - What are you normally up doing at night? Watching TV? Playing computer games?

    If I am up late normally I am watching a movie, at a special occasion or on holiday! I normally go to be pretty early - I enjoy my sleep :)
    Sometimes I even struggle to stay awake until midnight on New Years!

    How did you do with that? Did you make it to midnight?
    Any fireworks?

    Great job Michael, ka pai!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.