Pages

Tuesday 25 December 2018

Summer learning journey week 2 day 2 activity 2.

Activity 2: Mighty Mangroves [4 points]
Here in New Zealand we have a native tree called a Kiwi Mangrove. Kiwi Mangroves grow in shallow water (harbours). The largest mangrove or manawa forests in New Zealand are located in Northland and in Auckland. According to many environmental experts, they are one of the toughest and strongest trees in the world because they can survive in really harsh (difficult) conditions.
For this activity you are asked to think of someone who is very tough and strong. They can be someone who you know personally or they can be a character that you have read about in a book, seen in a movie, or on a television show.
My dad - I think he is very strong because he is very tough he is never scared of anything. He always protects the family from danger.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael!

    That's really cool that your Dad is so tough!
    Is there anything else that your Dad does that's super strong and tough?

    I would love to never be scared of anything - Unfortunately I am not too fond of snakes - I once worked in America and on my ride home one night a snake slithered out in front of me on the road. I got such a fright I almost fell off my bike...I don't think I have ever ridden as fast as I did that day to get away from that snake. :)
    Do you like snakes?
    Are you scared of anything?

    Great to hear you have a tough Dad, I hope that you have told him how strong you think he is - I am sure that he would love to hear about it! :)

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)


    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.