Pages

Thursday 20 December 2018

Summer learning journey day 5 - Activity 2.

Activity 2: Living on the Edge [4 points]
While it can get quite cold in New Zealand, it rarely drops below freezing (00C). Most of the time the temperature in New Zealand is pretty mild. This is not the case in the tundra. The tundra is an area of land (biome) that is cold, dry and completely treeless. Did you know that the average temperature in the tundra is -280C?
Over the past few years, however, the temperature in the tundra has been rising and the weather has been changing. Let’s imagine that your teacher decides to take you on a class trip to the tundra before the weather changes too much and you aren’t able to go.
On your blog, write a letter to your best friend or a family member telling them about your trip to the tundra. To earn full points your letter must have a greeting (eg. Dear…) followed by 5 – 6 sentences of information about what your experience.








 Dear Mum,

I have just come back from the trip to Tundra and it has been a very good experience, the temperature was freezing cold, it was cold we had to wear about 2 shirts and like a jumper and long pants.
I won't be back for a while because of the weather.
Michael.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael!

    This is a really cool letter to your Mum, I am sure she would be stoked that you picked her to write to for this activity - Did you show her?

    Yeesh! So many layers and still cold... I don't know if I would survive that kind of cold - I am more of a summer girl myself! I don't know if I own enough layers to be somewhere that cold :)
    Do you like the cold weather or prefer the summer?

    Did you manage to see much wildlife or nature while you were there? I am sure it would have been a lot different than what you might see in Auckland!

    Great job with this letter Michael - Ka pia!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.